Sunday, June 17, 2007

No Nokia Nseries 95 in Egypt for security reasons

This is worth mentioning because according to it there is not a censorship on media and opinion in Egypt but also on Mobile phones too!!

As you see according to this news in arabic to the Nokia Mobile phone Model N 95 is not going to be available in the markets in Egypt for security reasons !!

It seems the king of the N-series can hack to some national security systems !!

And that's why it won't be available for public display !!

Here is the N95 website in Nokia I decided to see it by myself

Nokia Nseries - products,n95,demo

Of course it is a walking mobile blogging heaven with Life blog and flickr not to mention the 5 pixel camera and DVD video recording but I think the problem can be in GPS , I am not a mobile wireless expert ,I am just guessing

May be it hacks some frequencies in the army or police I don't know

Seriously I think it is silly first of all any Egyptian can bring it to Egypt from the Gulf or Europe and no one will know

Second pardon me but this state of the art 3 generation mobile phone won't be for sale for less than 5,000 Egyptian Pounds and so the one who is really capable of buying it is not going to pay this sum to hack in to the national security systems more than to show it off among his rich friends !!

Original Source : From EL-Messa public Newspaper

5 comments:

  1. :'(

    that phone was supposed to be my reward for the thanwaya and now i am feeling so depressed i dont know what am i going to do but i am not going to give up
    this fone costs 4200LE in Egypt and about 3700 Rial in Saudi

    read al waseet you'll find lots of ads there

    ReplyDelete
  2. well hard luck dodo but don't give up it is not the end of the world , you can find something else to be the reward ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zeinobia: I Googled nokia n95, egypt and you automatically came first in the search! I have become interested in the Nokia N95 just recently as my mobile (about 5 years old now) which I love, is slowly dying. I was hoping to get the Nokia here, in Egypt, before I return to the States in October, but it looks like a no go. Guess I will have to buy one in the U.S.

    Like you said, it has exceptional properties. I particularly like to megapixels for photos as I have had problems with security personnel when I try to take photos with a camera. Phones are more surreptitious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Vagabondblogger,take my advice and get it from America , already I want to get it too , as I said it a blogger walking heaven with all its features , still I saw it in the hands of someone who brought from the Gulf ,it is some how big in the hand ,still it is great ,I won't say if it is available to me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have bought it from the Gulf, for approximately 3400 LE, its really awesome Mobile. Regarding why its forbidden, I cant really figure it out till now, as the HTC mobiles, do have GPS embedded in them, and they are in the market, and the N95 cant hack radio stations, it can only allow you to listen to regular FM stations... I really cant understand how our government thinks !

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.