Thursday, November 6, 2008

Farwell Michael Crichton

Michael Crichton the famous American author has passed away. Crichton was from my favourite authors . I admit that I start my admiration for his work with the Jurassic Park film but when I grew up I found out that this man was one of the best sci-fi authors ever in the world.He respected your mind and his books were full of information whether historical or medical.

Of course I should not forget that Crichton was one of the few authors who wrote about the Arabic Muslim Civilization positively in his book “Eaters of the dead” that turned in to a film “The 13th Warrior” starring Antonio Banderas and Omar El-Sharif. In that book he introduces the story of Ahmad Ibn Fadlan.

Of course you have seen one of his works in TV or Cinema from ER to Jurassic Park series to the classics like Andromeda Strain to the famous Coma to the West world to ER.

He directed  Coma ,the famous film that President Sadat saw in the States and admired.

My favourite Novel and film for Crichton is Congo , it is not his most thriller novel but I love it. The novel and the film that scare me a lot is Sphere , already I did not understand the idea from the first time that the Sphere reflects one’s ultimate fear !!

RIP Michael Crichton , you died but your books holding your imagination are still alive.

Here is his official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.