Sunday, February 10, 2008

From street before the battle

I have just managed to reach home after searching for a taxi and escaping a traffic jam , now it is 5:20 PM Cairo Local time , our national battle is going to start at 7:30 PM CLT I think , what is our national battle ?? our football match with Cameroon lions in Ghana ,seriously if you go to the streets you will find yourself in front of a huge preparation for a war , for a patriot parade or an army parade , not a football game.

The Red ,White and Black flags are every where , it is their time , they are hanging everywhere , on balconies , on windows and on ,car horns are starting from now on , despite the fact we have not won yet the match.

From two years 2006 I was a witness unintentionally to the people 's historical reaction to our victory in the finale , today unfortnately I will not be able to witness the reaction whether in victory or loss , I will be a witness from their homes , because simply I am exhausted after a long day in work , searching for a taxi.

Here are some interesting facts , currently in Gamat Al-Doul Arabia st. there is an anti-riot vehicle on alert , also there is a TV vehicle with power supply to be ready .

People do not have anything to speak about except the match ,all are putting too much hopes on the match .

I will go now to have my lunch coz I need to be fed , already I am resisting sleep to watch the game despite my fear , I know that the lions of the Cameroon are so fierce and it is enough that they are always go to the world cup

If you go down to the street ,I swear you will feel as if we are going to a war

2 comments:

  1. Excellent posting, Zeinobia!
    Thank you.

    Congratulations Egypt!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @David , thank you so much :) congratulations to Egypt and the Arab world

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.