Thursday, November 27, 2008

where is Shalby ??

Do you know Waldo from Where is Waldo ??
We had our own Waldo in the 1990s and his name was Shalby. The Egyptian Novels for pocket print house that publishes hit book series like Adham Sabri produced one single edition which was rather like a Pilot called "Where is Shalby ??"
Shalby is the boy from the country side that got lost in the big Cairo and Alexandria and you have to find him.
It is Waldo but it was localized to fit the Egyptian society. Unfortunately it did not work despite it is fun ,I really like this sort of puzzles.
I do not know why I remember it today but I really miss this series and miss its name ,I love its name !!

4 comments:

  1. :)
    I loved "Where's Waldo"! I only found out this year that there were other European versions ('Ou est Charlie?'), but it's great that there were versions outside of Europe too - not sure why it didn't work though, but sounds like fun nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear anonymous it is real fun but unfortunately they discontinued the Egyptian version despite it was a lot of fun :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember Ayna Shalaby too, it was really nice and I used to like Fawaz's drawing style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Tarek , I still remember Fawaz's style , I really love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.